Apple Spice Bars:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Powdered sugar for the top
Pre-heat oven to 35o degrees.
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
With an electric mixer blend butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add mixture to the flour bowl and blend only until incorporated. Stir in the apples, raisins and walnuts.
Coat a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and spread the apple mixture into the pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inseted in the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Adapted from Noble Pig.