Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 lb chicken breast meat, cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage and carrot mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Iceberg lettuce leaves separated
Heat a large skillet. Add oil, then chicken and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add ginger, garlic, peppers, cabbage/carrot mix and green onions. Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add plum sauce and mix well. Then add basil leaves and fish sauce. Toss for 1 more minute.
Place spoonfuls of chicken into a piece of lettuce and fold over like a taco and enjoy.
Adapted from foodnetwork.