If you love the flavours of garlic and lemon, then this is the dish for you. Just make sure you have some gum handy after eating it! This pasta is a very nice light dinner on a hot summer afternoon. It also is great for lunch the next day. The longer you keep it in the fridge after making it, the more the garlic flavour will infuse into the pasta noodles. You can also add various other herbs such as basil, flat leaf parsley, rosemary or sage. Also try putting crumbled feta, brie or cheddar Monterey Jack cheeses on top.
Tomato, Artichoke and Olive Penne:
- 14 oz penne pasta
- 1 lb ripe roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 jars of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese
Tomato Oregano Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or oil from jar of artichokes)
- Grated zest and juice from 2 small lemons
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pesto paste
- Fresh ground pepper
Cook pasta according to package.
Mix together tomatoes, scallions, artichoke hearts, and olives in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix oil, lemon zest, juice, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, pesto paste and pepper to taste.
Drain pasta and add to the large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss well. Garnish with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Adapted from Fast Healthy Food